The best spiced banana bread recipe here!
There are not enough superlative words to describe the soft and tempting aroma this banana bread is spreading into my home at this very moment.
Oh, and it has such an EXQUISITE taste, followed by a delicate and creamy texture, full of moisture and deliciousness. It certainly is the best banana bread recipe I ever baked!
It’s ideal to make it as a delicious dessert, or serve as a quick breakfast with jam, milk and tea.
I’m thrilled to share it with you. But most importantly, I’m delighted to reveal its secret – the unique combination of spices and ingredients, which is what makes it the best spiced banana bread recipe. AH-mazing!
You will realise how good BANANA, CARDAMOM and VANILLA blend with each other from the moment you taste them, until you savour them completely. And the best part is the culinary adventure. The minty and spicy scent of cardamom will send you right into the arms of warm and starry Arabian nights.
These three ingredients were destined to be together, exactly like Aladdin and Jasmine. Do you believe in destiny? I do, especially when it comes to the particular trio. But most importantly I am excited, dear reader, to know what is your opinion?
Heathy breakfast ideas similar to my best spiced banana bread recipe:
- Easy Mango Banana Smoothie Bowl (only 3 ingredients)
- 5-min Berry Mix Super Smoothie Bowl
- Dark Chocolate Homemade Brownies with Almond Meal
- Chia Pudding with Almond Milk
- Oats with almond milk honey
- 3-ingredient overnight oats with Greek yogurt
- 2 overripe bananas (mashed) + 1 banana for topping
- 140 g flour (70g rye flour / 70 white flour)
- 90 g Unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp ground Cardamom
- 1tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven at 180 °C. Line the base and sides of a loaf tin with parchment paper and grease it with butter.
2. Melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. In a large bowl whisk the melted butter with icing sugar until they transform into a fluffy white paste. Add two eggs and mix until blended.
3. Carefully peel the overripe bananas and mash them thoroughly with the help of a fork. Mix with the butter and eggs mixture.
4. Next, add one tablespoon of vanilla extract, cardamom, and baking soda into the bowl. Then, gradually stir in the flour and mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and a smooth batter forms.
5. Pour all the batter into the greased thin. Top with banana slices and place the thin in the middle rack of the oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes. Verify if the middle is cooked thoroughly by sticking a toothpick into it. If the toothpick is clean, it means that the banana bread is ready to be cooled and served.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition is per one serving which equals ~ 65 grams.
- Icing sugar is the same thing as powdered sugar. Its ability to quickly blend with the rest of the ingredients is useful and time-sparing.
- Rye flour is a gluten-free flour produced from Rye grain and has a dark and dense texture. The only reason I included it is to add more nutritional value and consistency to banana bread.
Nutrition per Serving
*Important: All the nutrition values are based on McCance and Widdowson’s ‘composition of foods on the nutrient content of the UK food supply, thus may differ from your products.
The nutrition label is purely informative. I’m a not certified nutritionist.Did You Make This Recipe?Show your masterpiece to the world, tag
@therecipery on Instagram and hashtag it #therecipery 🙂