All I can say about this creamy beetroot soup is DELICIOUS, FRESH, FANTASTIC, BRIGHT and FULL OF FLAVOUR.
It has a velvety texture and a rich sweet flavour with a savoury touch. Moreover, the deep burgundy colour is a delight.
My fiancé always jokes about this beetroot soup, saying this is a soup for Supergirl. I say, let’s not exclude the males. It is for Superman as well. :))
Is beetroot soup healthy?
Of course! Here are some of the benefits:
- May improve digestion.
- May help support brain health (and make it happy when you cook a cream soup and see that beautiful burgundy colour).
- Is packed with essential nutrients and vitamins, such as fiber, vitamins B, iron, and vitamin C.
- It’s a great slimming recipe, as it is low in calories and rich in nutrients.
- It is easy to include in your menu, as there is a myriad of beetroot recipes.
- Additionally, cooked, beetroots are sweet and tasty keeping your stomach jolly.
The ingredients you need for beetroot soup recipe
This soup with beets is simple and easy, but exceptional, nonetheless. I have cooked it a dozen times in a dozen ways until it acquired a perfectly balanced blend of flavours.
The final list of ingredients for this beetroot soup remains the one with potatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and fresh basil leaves.
How to serve beetroot soup?
Serve the beetroot soup with cheese (parmesan, blue cheese, cheddar); roasted walnuts, croutons, bread or these parmesan crackers. They will certainly emphasise its taste and transform it into a hearty and delicious meal.
Similar creamy soup recipes you will enjoy:
- The Best Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe
- The Best Creamy Leek and Potato Soup Recipe
- Creamy Spinach Soup to Fall in Love this Winter
- Delicious Recipe for Red Lentils Soup (how to cook red lentils)
- One-Pot Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Beetroots – 2 medium (~330 g)
- Potato – 1 medium
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper – ¼ tsp (plus to serve)
- Fresh Basil – 4 leaves
- Optional: bread, grated cheese (parmesan, cheddar, blue cheese), roasted walnuts
- Wash both beetroots and potato. Cut off the top and the bottom of the beetroots. With the help of a peeler, carefully remove the skin. Then chop into small pieces. Beets can stain your hands, so wear disposable gloves to avoid that. Do the same with the potato. Next, clean two garlic cloves and roughly chop them.
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, warm two tablespoons of olive oil. Toss in the chopped beetroots together with garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chopped potato, sauté for another 5 minutes. Then pour over half a litre of chicken stock (use boiled water if you don’t have it). Add fresh basil leaves and simmer for around 20 minutes, test with the fork if the vegetables turned soft.
- Blend the vegetables with an immersion blender until creamy. Serve immediately with cheese, yoghurt, crème fraîche, bread, croutons, roasted walnuts, or parmesan crackers. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
Did You Make This Recipe?Show your masterpiece to the world, tag
- Fresh vegetables are the best, of course, however, you can use canned cooked beetroots as an alternative.
- Add more water, or chicken stock if you like the beetroot soup more liquid or vice-versa if you like it concentrated.
@therecipery on Instagram and hashtag it #therecipery 🙂
Nutrition per Serving
*Important: All the nutrition values are based on McCance and Widdowson’s ‘composition of foods on the nutrient content of the UK food supply, thus may differ from your products.
The nutrition label is purely informative, we are not certified nutritionists.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Do you have any questions about it or need help with any of the steps? We’re here for you!
Just leave a comment below or contact us on social media and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Show your masterpiece to the world, tag @therecipery on Instagram and hashtag it #therecipery.