This easy Keto Chicken and Cauliflower Salad with Celery is delicious, crispy and has an interesting flavour thanks to celery, mayo and the seasoning.
Although rainy days are back and it’s time for warm meals, soups and other seasonal food, yesterday I still craved for a nice, easy salad with a lot of raw vegetables.
You know that moment when you want to hold on to something you are familiar and comfortable? That was me after our two weeks vacation (I will tell you all about it in a separate article).
My cooking motivation was somehow stuck in vacation and planned to stay there a few more days without my consent. LOL. So, I decided to prepare something quick and easy with less tam-tam and more savour. Hence my idea with this Keto chicken and cauliflower recipe.
The salad in question requires only six ingredients and seasoning: chicken breast, half of a medium cauliflower, two celery stalks, two spring onions, six radishes, mayonnaise and some greenery like spinach or lettuce.
In this particular recipe, I chopped a handful of baby spinach. Although, most often I prefer to serve it with little gem lettuce. It adds a sweet flavour and a crispy texture to this salad along with the raw cauliflower florets. I must say that of all the varieties of cabbage, cauliflower is the most pleasant-tasted.
The seasoning is quite basic, found in every kitchen: paprika, black pepper, granulated garlic and salt.
- Chicken breast (~ 600 g) – poached, shredded to pieces and stir-fried.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 (~200 g) of a medium cauliflower
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 spring onions
- 8 radishes
- 180 g mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp of each: salt, black pepper, sweet paprika, granulated garlic
- Optional: lettuce of your choice or spinach
1. Place the chicken breast in a large saucepan with ~ 500 ml of water. When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and poach for 15 min until tender.
2. Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into small florets. Chop the celery stalks and spring onion into small pieces. Then slice the radishes into thin slices and put a few aside for garnish. Mix all ingredients with mayonnaise and seasoning until everything is combined.
3. Chop the lettuce of your choice or spinach in bite-sized pieces and divide between two plates along with the cauliflower mix.
4. Now that the chicken breast is tender and ready, shred it into small pieces and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Divide between two plates along with the cauliflower mix and the greenery of your preference. Garnish with radish slices.
- Start with boiling the chicken breast first. While it is tenderizing, chop the raw ingredients, this way you will be more efficient and spare time when cooking this recipe. Instead of 35-40 minutes, you will cut it down to 25 minutes.
- The mayonnaise quantity in this recipe is estimated according to our preferences. Thus, my advice is to add it gradually to the salad to see how you like it better.
Nutrition per Serving
Important: *Beware that the values of products may differ. All the nutrition values are based on McCance and Widdowson’s ‘composition of foods on the nutrient content of the UK food supply.
One last important thing to mention about nutrition is that this Keto chicken and cauliflower salad recipe is full of protein (see the nutrition label), making it an ideal meal after exercising.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Do you have any questions about it or need help with any of the steps? We’re here for you!
Just leave a comment below or contact us on social media and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Show your masterpiece to the world, tag @therecipery on Instagram and hashtag it #therecipery.