Chicken Quesadillas are fresh, crispy, and sublime. They bring back the taste of spring and summer and make your taste buds dance.
This recipe for easy Chicken Quesadillas has a romantic story. It reminds me of one of the first dates with my fiance that ended with a walk in the park, a bouquet of dandelions, and a marriage proposal years later.
It was the first time when we went to a restaurant to eat. Vlad suggested I try the quesadillas with chicken because well, they were so good!
And he was right. My taste buds experienced an explosion of flavors and my eyes – one of colors. It was love at the first bite!
Months later they were an addition to our menu, improved with different spices and ingredients. They make an amazing lunch or dinner, that you will love and ask for more.
Now, this is one of our super quesadillas recipes, ready to impress you and with a story to tell.
Did you know that Quesadillas have another name?
Quesadillas were born in Mexico, and have been a traditional recipe since the 16th century. Literally, their name means Little Cheesy Things. Sweet, huh?!
The recipe has been shaped in many tastes and forms over time. Some prepare it with cooked vegetables such as tomatoes and chorizo; various types of cheese, beans, minced beef, pork, or chicken. And, surprisingly, some fill them even with pumpkin and squash, to make it a dessert.
As a result of the cultural influences and one’s tastes, we’ve decided to make our own mark in the history of quesadillas and add our own twist.
What Ingredients you need for the easy recipe for Chicken Quesadillas?
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and accessible. I use a mix of green, orange, and red peppers, dill, olives, chicken breast, mozzarella, and tortillas. All the goodies in just one place!
- Peppers (colors of your choice) 2 medium ~ 400g
- Red Onion – 1/2 onion (~40g)
- Black Olives – 100g
- Fresh or frozen dill – 20g
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chicken 500g
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
- Passata 5 tbsp
- Butter – 20g
- Yogurt – 5 tsp
- Mozzarella cheese – 200g
- Tortillas – 4 pieces
1. Prepare the chicken filling
- Slice the chicken breast into small pieces.
- In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat warm one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sliced chicken and spice with salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Cook for 8 minutes until it is slightly browned, around 8 minutes. Then, stir in the passata sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
2. Prepare the vegetables & cheese
- Chop two peppers into small cubes and place them in a large bowl.
- Chop the onion and dill. Toss over the peppers.
- Thinly slice the black pitted olives. Mix with the rest of the vegetables and set aside.
- Grate the mozzarella into another bowl, set aside.
3. Assemble the quesadillas
- Preheat the oven to 220° C and prepare a large oven sheet pan.
- Lay one tortilla on a flat surface and grease with butter. It has to be greased on the external side because it makes the quesadilla crispier. Then turn it over, and spread a teaspoon of yogurt on the entire surface.
- Fill half of the tortilla with vegetables and approximately two tablespoons of chicken filling. Sprinkle with mozzarella and close it. Do the same with the remaining three tortillas. Then place them into the sheet pan.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- If you are allergic to something, always check the label for any ingredients that may cause an allergy.
- You can easily find all the tortillas types in supermarkets. Whether you are on a low carb, low calories, or gluten-free diet.
Nutrition per Serving
*Important: All the nutrition values are based on McCance and Widdowson’s ‘composition of foods on the nutrient content of the UK food supply, thus may differ from your products.
The nutrition label is purely informative. I’m a not certified nutritionist.
*This post may contain AFFILIATE LINKS, see what it means.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Need help with any of the steps? We’re here for you!
Just leave a comment below or contact us on social media and we will get back to you as soon as we can!