Our slow-cooked paprika pork recipe has a particular delicacy that only smoked paprika and 2 hours and a half of cooking can bring.
The pork fillet melts in your mouth. Moreover, it will take you on a gastronomic adventure full of flavors.
You will feel that every mouthful is succulent, tender, and sweet with a hint of smoke. Then, as you eat, it will turn a bit spicy, but not too much, just enough to tease you. In the end, it will soothe you with soured cream and brighten with the fresh aroma of parsley.
In my opinion, this one is totally a weekend delight. You know, when you don’t want to stay too much time over the stove, but you still crave a tasteful homemade meal.
What ingredients do you need to cook the slow-cooked paprika pork recipe?
Speaking of the ingredients, everything is accessible and at the same time affordable.
All you need is pork fillet, red onion, garlic, smoked paprika, oregano, pepper, salt, chili flakes, tomato puree, and a lot of time.
The last one sometimes is not that easy to get. But it’s still fine. I’d rather stand with the fact that this meal remains a weekend delicacy to spoil yourself and your loved ones.
I’ve cooked this pork recipe during the lockdown, at one of the date nights with my fiancé.
Not only it was delicious, but also fancy. Worthy of a restaurant menu.
My idea of date nights at home started with the lockdown. You know how it’s affecting everyone! Everything has shut down. The most crowded, full of life cities look like western deserts. Theatres, cinemas, restaurants, and pubs closed their doors.
A part of our fun was limited to none. So, to entertain the “stay at home life,” we got creative and made a restaurant atmosphere in our own apartment with dinner, wine, candles, and music.
I can say with all my heart that this idea turned out to be the best one in a while. It brought diversity, thus taking us out of the quarantine routine.
On top of that, this slow-cooked paprika pork recipe is certainly one of the best meals with pork I have eaten in my entire life.
If you’re in for a date night with a fancy dinner, or you’re searching for dinner ideas for Valentine’s Day, check these out:
- 450 g pork fillet
- ½ tsp of each: salt, freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of chili flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ Red onion
- 2 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 500 ml of water
- Optional: 2 tbsp soured cream
- 10 g Parsley
1. Season the pork fillet with salt, freshly ground black pepper, chili flakes, and let it marinate for a few minutes. Meanwhile, thinly chop the onion, crush the garlic cloves and prepare tomato puree and smoked paprika to have it in hand.
2. In a large saucepan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and warm until hot. Place the pork fillet and cook around 4 minutes on each side, until brown.
3. Add tomato puree, chopped red onion, crushed garlic, paprika, and oregano. Cook for another 2 minutes until fragrant. Add 500 ml of water and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to a minimum, cover, and slow cook for approximately 2 hours and a half. It will shred apart by itself when it’s ready.
Garnish with fresh parsley or coriander and serve with sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- This meal goes well with avocado, a fresh salad, broccoli, asparagus, potato mash, cauliflower mash, cooked rice, mushrooms. You may choose any other vegetable as a side dish.
Nutrition per Serving
*Important: All the nutrition values are based on McCance and Widdowson’s ‘composition of foods on the nutrient content of the UK food supply, thus may differ from your products.
The nutrition label is purely informative. I’m a not certified nutritionist.
Do you have any questions about it or need help with any steps? We’re here for you!
Just leave a comment below or contact us on social media and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
tag @therecipery on Instagram and hashtag it #therecipery.