PASTA WITH TUNA, ROASTED CAULIFLOWER and SWEET CORN is phenomenal. I’m serious! Do you want to know why?
Picture it – bow-tie pasta plus Roasted Cauliflower, plus Tuna, multiplied with Sweet corn, divided by however many servings you want, equals the best pasta recipe ever – full of fragrance and deliciousness. Yet, there is more to it.
One – cauliflower is a healthy vegetable full of vitamins and fibre. It’s the ultimate low-calorie and low-carb snack.
And two – it takes one bite to fall in love with it. How do I know it?
Since I roasted cauliflower florets for the first time, they have become my obsession. A healthy one, I might say. So, I started to combine this brilliant vegetable with various ingredients and develop new recipes. One of them is this pasta, which I’m so eager to share with you.
I mean, this AH-mazing recipe for pasta with cauliflower which I’ve been dying to share with you. Have I made you curious?! Let’s get to the best part then.
Before you set the cauliflower for roasting prepare the other ingredients:
Start with pasta.
Fill a pan with water, add a few drops of oil and bring to boil. Add pasta and cook for 12 minutes or follow the package instructions. Now, for this particular recipe I prefer using green bow-tie pasta. They’re also called butterfly pasta or farfalle.
– And, what about the green colour?
– Honestly? There is no particular reason. It has spinach in its composition, that’s why it’s green. And, as I said in many of my posts, I have a soft spot for colourful food, so I get creative.
Prepare the sweet corn and tuna.
While pasta is cooking, drain the cans with tuna and sweet corn in the sink; and mince two garlic cloves. Warm one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Stir-fry the sweetcorn, minced garlic and tuna for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
Here's how to roast cauliflower
First and foremost, start cutting and washing the cauliflower. Although there are several ways to prepare it for roasting. In my opinion, the best way to do it, is the one that works best for you. Here’s how I do it:
- First cut the head of the cauliflower in half
and separate the big florets from the stem.
- Next, wash those big florets under running water. Now, you can either divide the big florets into smaller ones or slice them into flat bite sizes, exactly like in the photo below. The fastest and easier way, in my opinion, is to cut the big cauliflower florets in flat slices.
- Cover a baking sheet pan with baking parchment and preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Drizzle the cauliflower bites with olive oil.
- Next season with salt, pepper, garlic granules and paprika. Toss to coat with oil and condiments. Spread evenly onto the baking parchment.
- Place the sheet pan in the middle rack of the oven and roast for 18-20 minutes at 200°C until tender and fragrant.
*This post may contain AFFILIATE LINKS, see what it means.
And the last step for the delicious pasta with tuna:
Mix the roasted cauliflower with the cooked pasta, sweet corn and tuna.
Can you see how nicely the colours blend? Green, yellow, creamy white and pale pink? Beautiful, isn’t it?
One of the best cauliflower pasta recipes with tuna and sweet corn!
- Bow-tie pasta – 150 g
- Cauliflower ~250 g (half of a medium cauliflower head)
- Tuna – 110 g (one can)
- Sweetcorn – 165 g (one small can)
- Garlic – 2 cloves (minced)
- Olive oil – 1 1/5 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice from half a lemon
- Optional – a handful of parsley, black pitted olives
- Set the oven at 200°C and line a sheet pan with baking parchment.
- Chop half of a medium cauliflower in bite sizes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Toss the cauliflower florets to coat with oil and spices and spread them evenly onto the baking parchment. Roast for 18-20 minutes until it becomes tender and caramelised.
- Fill a pan with water, add a few drops of oil and bring to boil. Then add the bow-tie pasta. Cook for 12 minutes or check the package instructions. Mix occasionally with a spoon.
- Until the pasta is cooking and the cauliflower is roasting, drain both cans of sweetcorn and tuna in the sink; clean and mince/grate two garlic cloves. Next, warm a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and stir-fry over medium-high heat for approximately 4 minutes until fragrant. Season the tuna and sweetcorn with salt and black pepper.
- Use a colander to drain and rinse the cooked pasta with cold water. Stir with the tuna and sweet corn. When the cauliflower is roasted, mix it gently with the rest of the ingredients.
- Divide between two plates or pasta bowls and drizzle with lemon juice.
Twist for pasta with tuna, cauliflower and sweet corn
- Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over and serve with black pitted olives and grated parmesan. It will taste amazing, especially because parmesan makes everything better.
Nutrition per Serving
*Important: All the nutrition values are based on McCance and Widdowson’s ‘composition of foods on the nutrient content of the UK food supply, thus may differ from your products.
The nutrition label is purely informative. We are not certified nutritionists.
*This post may contain AFFILIATE LINKS, see what it means.
Though you might have everything you need already, I still would like to recommend some useful equipment. Maybe you would like to buy something new for your kitchen.
- Oven tray/sheet pan. Non-stick oven trays are a must in every kitchen, especially the good quality ones. They won’t allow your food to stick to the bottom and are easier to clean.
- Non-stick parchment paper. Parchment paper is practical. Always line your oven dishes with it to protect from damage and for easier cleaning.
- Garlic Press Mincer is one of the kitchen gods. I mean, it takes less time than to grate the garlic cloves or even chop them.
- Multipurpose Sauce Pan. Really, a saucepan is perfect for almost any food, be it pasta, sauce, soup, boiling and everything in between.
More pasta recipes:
Do you have any questions about it or need help with any of the steps? We’re here for you!
Just leave a comment below or contact us on social media and we will get back to you as soon as we can!