This 5- min frozen berry smoothie bowl recipe is that particular breakfast I can’t wait to wake-up for in the morning. It’s nourishing and has a refreshing taste – a very nice feeling to begin your day with.
Once you get a hold of this frozen berry smoothie bowl, your taste buds will long to explore its creamy and sweet texture over and over again.
Even as I write these words, right at this moment, my heart is shouting that this smoothie bowl is a complete pleasure. And at the same time, my stomach growls happily that this is the holy grail of deliciousness.
Let’s not forget, however, about the amount of probiotics in yoghurt, plus all the vitamins and antioxidants that berries are bringing into the equation.
Above all, this berry smoothie bowl will contribute to your wellbeing, allowing you to start your day anew.
If the ingredients are pretty accessible and easy to prepare, the instructions are even more straightforward. You just have to blend the ingredients until everything is smooth and creamy. It should look like in the image below.
- 170 g mixed frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 240 g greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of ground cardamom / 2 cardamom pods
- Optional: 70 g fresh fruits, 4-5 haves of walnuts or pecan nuts, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 2tbsp milled flaxseeds
1. Place the frozen fruits, banana, peanut butter, yogurt, and cardamom in a large bowl. Using an immersion blender smooth everything together.
If you have a food processor, just place everything in there and blend until creamy and smooth.
2. Garnish with fresh or frozen fruits, nuts ( walnuts, almonds, pecan nuts) and seeds (chia seeds, milled flaxseed, hemp seeds). Enjoy!
- If you want the smoothie to be more liquid, just add 4-5 tablespoons of milk (dairy or non-dairy).
- Cardamom brings a minty and fresh flavor, and along with berries, it is also a good antioxidant. If you don’t have it at the moment, fresh mint leaves work as a good alternative.
- Serve this smoothie bowl after you exercise! Besides the fact that it is a delicious breakfast, it is also a perfect snack after a good workout due to the tremendous amount of protein that yogurt, peanut butter, and other ingredients contain.
That is why I serve my super smoothie bowl after a running session or a workout. Most of the time, however, I opt for it because it’s a five-minute deal. :))
One more important thing you should know is that protein is more vital than anything else, especially after exercise. Because during a workout, you are most likely breaking and tearing muscle fibers apart. So, for your body to restore and repair those damages and build more, it, therefore, requires protein.
Nutrition per Serving
Important: *Beware that the values of products may differ. All the nutrition values are based on McCance and Widdowson’s ‘composition of foods on the nutrient content of the UK food supply.
Our frozen berry smoothie bowl recipe combined with a cup of dark or milky coffee and a good book as a final touch – will significantly transform your morning into an even more beautiful one.
But shh, don’t tell anyone, this is my secret image of how a morning should be.
If you enjoyed our berry mix super smoothie bowl, you’ll also love our chia pudding for breakfast!
How do you spend your mornings?
Do you have any particular breakfast you enjoy?
Share with us your advice or suggestion on what is the best way to start your day! We would love to know!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Do you have any questions about it or need help with any of the steps? We’re here for you!
Just leave a comment below or contact us on social media and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Show your masterpiece to the world, tag @therecipery on Instagram and hashtag it #therecipery.